Preventive Surgery for Woman at High Risk of Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer is one of the most common diseases in the woman because of the increasing growth of cells in this area. Some cells in the breast area are infected and are cancerous because of which the increase of the cancer risk is more. There are two main types of operations by the doctors recommended for the prevention of breast cancer. These are Prophylactic Mastectomy and Prophylactic Oophorectomy. Both have a measurable role in preventing breast cancer.
In this article, we will provide you with the preventive measures against breast cancer and will give you the information about surgery for getting rid of breast cancer. After reading this article, you will know the preventive measures against breast cancer.
“Physical activity is considered a promising preventive measure against breast cancer – not only because it helps with weight control but because exercise tends to lower circulating estrogen levels.“
Reasons for breast cancer
There are two main reasons for breast cancer in a woman.
- Mutation in BCRA: because of sudden variation in BRCA, there is an increasing risk of breast cancer. BRCA is an essential protein which helps in removing and suppressing the activity of a tumour causing gene that is famous as a tumour suppressor protein.
- A woman who has a strong family history with breast cancer
- Ovarian cancer is also a cause of breast cancer
Preventive Surgery for Breast Cancer
There are two main types of surgeries for preventing the risk of breast cancer.
- Prophylactic Mastectomy
- Prophylactic Oophorectomy
It is the preventive measure against breast cancer in women. It is a surgery type in which it removes one breast of the woman for deleting the risk of increased breast cancer in women. It does not offer a guarantee for 100% removal of breast cancer but can 90% get rid of breast cancer. Here in this surgery, some cells of breast cancer are removed, which may have increased the chances of cancer in a woman.
“With breast cancer, it’s all about detection. You have to educate young women and encourage them to do everything they have to do.”
Conditions for the use of Prophylactic Mastectomy
Two terms apply for Prophylactic Mastectomy, depending upon the time of the disease.
- A woman who has the highest risk of breast cancer
In the woman having the highest risk of breast cancer, the removal of both the breasts can profoundly reduce the risk of breast cancer. After the surgery performed, the doctors have no way for the assurance that the operation is beneficial or not. This surgery of removal of both of the breasts is bilateral Prophylactic Mastectomy. It decreases the risk of breast cancer by up to 95% in total.
Woman with the mutation in gene BRCA1 and BRCA2 have the chance for developing breast cancer, but not all the women have this chance. Some women can get the benefit of the surgery by increasing their lives up to many years, while others get no benefit at all. So, the operation is not 100% treating breast cancer.
“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.“
For woman pre-diagnosed for breast cancer
The woman already diagnosed with breast cancer must perform surgery by removing breast cancer effects. The woman can then have the chance to survive. This treatment is Central Prophylactic Mastectomy abbreviated as CPM and helps a vital role in decreasing the risk of cancer in the second breast. It is most helpful for women who have already had breast cancer.
There are many reasons for the symptoms of knowing who is pre-diagnosed cancerous? The woman may have a mutation in the gene of BCRA1 and BCRA2, to the woman having an active breast malignant career. The doctors do not precisely clear the risks of the surgery. They are just trying to decrease the risk of breast cancer and increasing the life span of the woman. The reason is that breast cancer is one of the significant causes of death in many countries.
Prophylactic Oophorectomy is the removal of the ovaries for lowering the chances of breast cancer in a woman. Women with the mutation in genes of BCRA1 and BCRA2 have an increased risk of ovarian cancer and breast cancer. So, the removal of ovaries indirectly can reduce the risk of breast cancer in a woman. A woman can get more surgeries accordingly while increasing the risk of breast cancer so that the root of breast cancer is deleted at some level.
Side effects of Therapy
There are some side effects of doing these therapies, which are the following.
- You may increase the risk of bleeding during surgery
- It may depend on the psychological activity of a woman
- It may cause anxiety
- There is the loss of body breast functions and the failure of body figure
- There is a sudden release of estrogen production hormone and immediate cause of menopause
- It causes the insomnia
- What should you do?
- There are side effects, advantages, and disadvantages of using these surgeries, so you must consider consulting your doctor before the treatment. It may help you to avoid complications after the surgery.
There are some other treatments which are lowering the risk of breast cancer. These are the following.
- Taking medicines regularly on the advice of the doctor can decrease the risk of breast cancer
- Do not use alcohol or other drinks after getting diagnosed with breast cancer
- Always use healthy food and diet and be active at all the time
- Avoid using a screening test of your body; otherwise, the chances of breast cancer will increase.
- Tamoxifen and raloxifene are the two medicines which are very helpful and play a measurable role in preventing breast cancer in a woman. These medicines block the activity of releasing estrogen and hence decreasing the risk of breast cancer up to 35 percent.
- There are many other drugs in the form of tablet which are useful for preventing the risk of breast cancer
The article is about preventive surgery in a woman for decreasing the risk of breast cancer with reasonable explanation used for your guidance at the time of having surgery. Here we discuss the operation paying an essential role in suppressing breast cancer. Follow our platform for more information.
The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it.