AIDS PEI offers a variety of supports to Islanders who are living with HIV and Hepatitis C and those who feel they may be at risk for these infections and all Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs). We offer:
• Free safer sex supplies including condoms, lube and dams
• One on one and peer support for those living with HIV
• One on one support for those diagnosed with Hepatitis C
• Nutrition programming for those living with HIV and Hepatitis C
• Social Support programming for LBGTQ+ youth (LGBTQ+ Youth Group)
• Photo-voice project for those with personal experience with Hepatitis C
• Community capacity building
AIDS PEI offers information and resources about HIV, Hepatitis C, and all STBBI’s (Sexually Transmitted and Blood Borne Infections) for individuals, families, educators, and community-based organizations. See our education page.
Translating the information:
There is a great deal of information out there about safer sex, HIV, Hepatitis C, treatment options, prevention, and support. Sometimes, it is difficult to understand all the information. We can sit with you, one-on-one, and help you understand the information available so that you have easy access to the information most relevant for you.
• Assistance in finding the health care and services you need related to HIV, Hepatitis C, STIs, substance use, sexual orientation, and gender identity
• Assistance in navigating and advocating for the services you require
• Help in finding confidential STI, Hepatitis C, and HIV testing services